Today we will go to another one of our cornerstones “Physical” and we will discuss the all important area of our personal living environment or “home”. Right now you are probably at work as I write this and when you left home this morning what was the condition of your home? If you left it in a state of turmoil and chaos…then what is waiting for you when you get home? Chaos.
When you left this morning and you locked the door, you just might have been in “Scarlet O’Hara” mode; “….I’ll think about that…..” Now as you approach your driveway, you suddenly fell a heaviness which comes upon you as you now remember what lies behind the locked door.
What would happen if you were unlocking that door and everything was pretty much picked up and in order and even something smelling delicious from the crock pot? That would lift your spirits and you would walk into a tranquil place where you could leave the world outside there on your doormat!
Yes, this is possible, and it does take a little bit of effort and some cooperation from your spouse and family, and some rough stop and go patches from the beginning, however, you can do it!
Let’s talk about the “how” shall we.
After dinner tonight make a bold statement and tell your family what you want to do in order for EVERYONE to feel relaxed and good when we all come home at night and this is how we are going to do it.
1. Everyone rinses their plate and puts it into the dishwasher.
2. Take turns putting away the condiments and left over food in proper containers.
3. Take turns wiping down the cabinet tops and the table.
4. Take turns washing anything that doesn’t go in the dishwasher.
5. Form a line and make tomorrow’s lunches tonight.
6. Everyone helps and everyone gets a lunch and they go in the refrigerator and helps to clean up.
7. One person writes a note on a sticky note and puts it on the door to remind everyone to get their lunch.
Tomorrow more in Part II.